IT Help Desk
Employees within a company often have questions or requests for the Information Technology department of their company. A Help Desk for the IT department can be set up in central that way all IT related inquiries are directed to a Hopper and assigned to the best person to provide results.
- Employee with an Information Technology related question or request creates a help desk case which is automatically routed to the IT Hopper
- IT employee managing the Hopper will assign case accordingly to another IT employee
- Instructions on how to respond or fulfill request are in Standards
- If additional action is necessary the IT employee will assign case to respective person in order to accomplish task
- Request of question gets resolved and case is closed
- IT Hopper must be created along with IT Help Desk case type
- IT employees must be associated to the IT Hopper by role in departments
- Instructions and procedures about how to respond to IT related questions and requests must be created and documented in standards
- Employee assigned to manage the Hopper should be familiar with which employees in the department are able to resolve certain cases in order to assign the cases accordingly
- Adding categories within the case will aid in sorting the case type and therefore making assigning of the case an easier process
- Targeted training can be assigned to Service Desk employees with slower case turnover rates
- IT department can identify which areas for improvement (i.e.; dependent on the category of cases with the highest number of requests)
- Timely status updates of the Service Desk request can be accessed by all participants.