Team Management: Activities
Assign responsibilities to certain individuals in order to accomplish a team activity.All organizations have personnel activity management needs and each department or team has a unique set of activities to complete within a given time. Central’s structured and holistic approach to managing activities provides reusable data-driven decision-making processes spanning the enterprise.USER EXPERIENCE :
- Assign Cases to employees as request to complete certain action items.
- CAST job will run to kick off case to analyst on a monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly basis.
- Case assigned to analyst requesting to run Case Overdue Report.
- For any overdue tasks analyst will follow up with appropriate assignee's.
- Instructions on how to run report and best practice with following up with employees lives in Standards.
- Analyst will refer to these instructions as a follow up guide.
- Analyst will run report to determine which cases to follow up with.
BEST PRACTICES :
- Interview stakeholders to define activity tracking needs, including standard company System Codes and specific requirements relating to each team or department.
- Once a Case Type is set up it is an important cultural practice to use that system, and only that system, consistently.
- Everyone in the company, particularly Supervisors, Managers, and other influential users, should insist on using the system as the only way to create or manage that process.
- The Cases System provides the ability to track Case Owner separately from Case Assignee.
- By default, the Case Creator is the Case Owner.
- In some Case Types, especially simple ones that do not require collaboration or that can be completed quickly, the concept of ownership is not particularly useful.
- However, for Case Types that include multiple steps or involvement from multiple people over time, ownership is extremely useful principle.
- In those instances, a Case Owner can continue to manage a Case as the Owner, even as the Case is assigned to a series of different Users.
- Hoppers are helpful in consolidating unassigned Cases of multiple Case Types into one group, so an individual Hopper Owner can catch unassigned Cases.
- In some instances, Hoppers are used by design, such as when a team of individuals works a case load together.
- In other cases, Hoppers are only thought of as a last line of defense to catch Cases that are mistakenly not assigned to anyone, and the activity would be very light.
- Use System Codes to connect fields that include similar and commonly viewed information.
- They are extremely helpful in generating reports and in rendering lists containing multiple Case Types.
FUNCTIONAL SETUP :
- Create Case Types for different Departments with category meta-data fields to organize data.
- Set up CAST job based on desired interval to send out Case to analyst to run Past Due Inspection.
- Write instructions on how to run report and include tips and tricks on how to follow up with employees who have past due cases.
- Configure report to demonstrate which Cases are "past due" within the system.
- Create Entity role relationship in order for Cases to be assigned based on role.