Software Version Management
Use Entities to catalog software versions and the features under consideration in development. Cases are used to assign development tasks for each feature to a developer. Standards are utilized to define the development process. Additional Cases are used to manage the QA process, including a Quest form.
- Project manager approved feature is listed in the entity type Feature Development
- Project manager assigns the software development case to developer to work on specific feature
- Each case includes a link to instructions related to software development process. These should be consulted before beginning process.
- Once feature is completed developer assigns case to QA for testing
- Quest form is used as a QA checklist, whi will launch cases for necessary follow up tasks
- Finished feature must be registered in within Entities and associated to the Gold Master Version
- Entity type must be created for Software Development, New Features, Gold Master Version and Application Version
- Establish relationships between software features, application version and gold master version
- Create or identify existing case types for software development and new feature testing, also any to accommodate tasks created by the quest form
- Create quest form for each QA, include proper threshold for creation of follow up tasks
- Create and document appropriate instructions and procedures for the development process
- Ensure developer assigned task is the best candidate for the task at hand
- Proper procedures for QA must be documented in order to ensure features are tested consistently
- Project manager should closely monitor progress of various feature developments and allocate resources accordingly